There are two kinds of braking systems in most cars, SUVs, pickups, and vans. They're disc brakes and drum brakes. They share some parts in common, such as master brake cylinders, pistons, brake lines, and brake hoses. They're distinct from each other when it comes to the parts used to produce the resistance that slows and stops your wheels.
How do the Two Brake Systems Work?
Drum brake systems have a brake shoe and brake drum. These press together to produce the resistance that slows your vehicle.
Sadly, brake parts don’t last forever. When they begin to fail, your safety is put at greater risk.
What Are Common Signs of Brake Issues?
- A bouncing or vibrating brake pedal
- Your vehicle pulls to one side when you brake
- Your brake pedal feels unusually soft underfoot
- You notice grinding, squealing, or squeaking noises from your brakes
- The dash warning light comes on
Where Can You Buy The Best Brake Parts Online?
When you do need to replace a worn-out brake component, make sure that you get the best ones for your vehicle. Your manufacturer makes the brake parts that work with your specific make and model, delivering a guaranteed compatibility that you can trust. Find everything you need for the DIY project right here in our online auto parts catalog. Buy today and we'll ship your order directly to your door!
No results found for "brake pads, brake rotors, brake calipers, brake". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!